Thursday, February 15, 2007

Tipping the Final Curtain

Tony was the only one to get a point last week, which was not enough to put him in contention. Noone can beat Jacob now in fact, though if the cards fall perfectly John may equalise.

Here are our scores:

Jacob: 39
John: 36
Hamish: 35
Tony: 35
Dave: 34
Drsimmo: 33

And now for the final act, which is promising to be a cracker betwen two great teams.

I'm tipping Adelaide to beat Melbourne 3:2.

Jacob's tip:
Melbourne 2:1

Incidentally, The West End Terrorists beat Sickaz last week 2 nil in a tightly fought match of Indoor Soccer. But the winter soccer is all getting organised and the boys start training for that this week. Jacob keeps saying now that he can't wait for 'real soccer' to start. To which I reply, "Me too."

To the ineffable universal, may the Grand Final be a cracker, may the best team win, may there be good sportsmanship on and off the field, and may there be no serious injuries.

Cheers.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Cecilia said...

I'm hoping you get three in a row there Hamish, ;)

February 16, 2007 12:22 am  
Blogger drsimmo said...

Go the Terrorists! ;-)

I'm still stuffed in terms of tipping, so I'll say Melbourne to win 2-1 in extra time. That's the kind of season they've been having. Some great play, and a good slice of good fortune. And that's what football is all about, making the most of your opportunities and denies the opposition any. I'd still like them to lose though :-)

February 16, 2007 8:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the big one.

I could have egg all over my face, but I think Melbourne will stroll in. Reds-Victory matches have been tight this year, but after their epic semi against Newcastle, I think the Adelaide boys will struggle later in the game. In such a big game, one goal would ordinarily be enough, but I'm tipping the Victory by a 3-0 scoreline.

It's been a great season, so here's hoping the GF is up to the same standard.

Best of luck to all.

February 16, 2007 9:20 am  
Blogger The Round Ball Analyst said...

Congrats Jacob, you've put us all in our places. Well done kiddo and good luck in the indoor.

Dave, my thinking is along similar lines. Thought I'd be the only one stupid enough to go 3 zip to Melb, but my thinking is that AU may have already played their gf.

An early one to MV and its possible.

If not, lets both have egg on our faces.

Enjoy

February 16, 2007 4:23 pm  
Blogger john said...

The bad sportsmanship on and off the field of Kossie is keeping the attention of the media.

Anyway. The only way I can catch Jacob is go for a different result. The closest tipsters at work have all followed me with Melbourne - so I can't be beaten.

For Jacob, how about we make it a little more interesting. Before I do I will remind him that I backed the Roar through thick and thin ;)

Adelaide 2:1

February 17, 2007 3:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Hamish, how about writing a post on getting your coaching licence? - well done mate! (p.s John filled me in) - cheers, Wayne/ FF

February 18, 2007 8:16 pm  
Blogger Cecilia said...

Muahahaha! You got it wrong Hamish! Again! Hahahaha! Did anyone tip 6-0?

February 18, 2007 8:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Tony, we can console ourselves in the knowledge we got this one right. Our only shortcoming was not being brave enough to double the predicted score.

Well done to Melbourne though - the best team over the year, and certainly the best when it counted most.

How we only have Asian Champions League, EPL, FA Cup, friendlies and Asian Cup to look forward to. And when that's all over, we're into another A-League season. That's the magic of football - it never really ends.

And finally congrats to Jacob on a sterling tipping performance over the year.

February 19, 2007 1:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home