Thursday, September 28, 2006

New Zealand vs Central Coast

No!

No, no, no, no, no, no, no!

That's not it. It's not the beautiful game. It's not the game I fell in love with; that saved my spirit and gave me hope for the future of humanity. If that was it, I'd go back to rugby league and politics. That is rubbish.

My son and I walked out of the pub at 71 minutes because we couldn't bare it any more (I was thinking it when he suggested it). If I was at the stadium I would have walked out too.

On the net (it's now 87 minutes), I just notice Central Coast actually scored. I must say that in the 5 or 6 minutes before we left, they were the ones maintaining posession for long enough to look like they might, but it hasn't changed my thoughts on that game. How did the red cards happen? Don't care.

Look, I just can't blame the players. They must be pretty good. They're worth good money. Some of them have played internationally. Straight up, I blame the coaches and the football philosophy which seems to be happening here. Long lottery kicks... no emphasis on skill and micro-tactics. We were audibly marking the changes in possession, which seemed to happen after every touch. What is the mid-field for again? These guys should just watch a few games from Europe and South America and get a fresh idea of what they're supposed to do.

This has nothing to do with giving a crap about the Knights or Mariners (I don't). The future of the A-League is at stake if this is the football it is producing. This will, directly, make the crowds shrink. This will, if it continues, make our precious game less relevant than ever, sponsorships will be lost, salary pools will shrink etcetera. Honestly, something has to be done about these teams, and let me add Sydney if they can't pick up their act this weekend. Come on and be honest - whose dicks are these coaches sucking that they can still be employed?

I dearly hope the other games in this round are better.

At least my tip was right. Paltry compensation.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home