Thursday, October 12, 2006

Round 8 Predictions

It's that time of the week when my son Jacob and I boldly predict what's going to happen in the coming games. Since last week I've been noting my tips at Oztips as well, for a bit of fun, but they are not as rigorous as this private competition between Jacob and I because they don't ask for the score; only the result.

In this comp (and yes, others may join if they wish by leaving a comment), it is 3 points for a correct score and result and only 1 point for a correct result only. Last week we once again gained 3 points a piece, giving us both the running total of seven.

Hamish:
Central Coast vs Sydney
Draw 1:1

Newcastle vs New Zealand
Newcastle 1:0

Melbourne vs Adelaide
Adelaide 1:2

Perth vs Queensland
Queensland 1:2

Jacob:
Central Coast vs Sydney
Sydney 0:1

Newcastle vs New Zealand
Newcastle 1:0 (We agree again, though last time we did we were both wrong!)

Melbourne vs Adelaide
Melbourne 2:1

Perth vs Queensland
Queensland 0:2

Go the Roar! The Glory ain't gonna be easy on their home turf, especially given their recent form, but I know the roadwork-orange boys can do it. These weeks with the Roar away, tediously looking for pubs where I can watch my team play, have seemed long. It will be bloody good to have the boys back at Suncorp Stadium next week!

I'm sure I'm not the only one finding the four-way competition for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th spots on the ladder quite intriguing. In only a couple of games any of these teams could fall away or break out.

Go the Roar!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger wayne said...

Thats funny Hamish, I actually fell for the Mariners cause they look like a bunch of council workers, although it looks like the working class chic aint cutting it for them this season!

October 13, 2006 10:40 am  
Blogger drsimmo said...

Hi Hamish, here are my tips for the round:

Central Coast v Sydney FC: Sydney 0:2

Newcastle United v New Zealand: NZK 0:2 - going out on a limb there!

Melbourne v Adelaide United: Draw 1:1

Perth v Queensland: Perth 2:1 - Sorry :-)

October 13, 2006 4:12 pm  
Blogger Hamish Alcorn said...

Welcome Drismo to the Football Down Under Tipping Comp!

I'll tell you what, anyone who joins starts with the average points so far ((7+7)/2=7)), so that makes all three of us on 7.

I offer the same prize as Oztips - the joy of winning! Damn it I'll go better. I'll take the winner to lunch, but if you don't live in Brisbane it's your problem.

Cheers.

October 13, 2006 4:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home