Sunday, January 13, 2008

Diary Note

Well today's the big day, made bigger by the other results of this weekend. Queensland vs Sydney. It means nothing. It means everything. It means nothing. It means everything!!

Regardless of course we have the finalists already. Queensland vs NSW. One vs three is just about the right odds too. It's far too exciting.

Anyway here's my random diary note. I was in the bank on Friday to deposit my pay. Jacob was with me - he's come into work with me a few times on his holidays. I often say stupid things and Jacob is a cynic, so he didn't believe me when I said, "Frank Farina just walked in." He rolled his eyes! I insisted it was true and he just shook his head in disgust. "Look, he's just gone to the back of the queue." He looked and indeed it was true.

We didn't stare, but did our business with the teller, then I walked back along the line and said, "Good luck on Sunday mate."

"Thanks mate."

"Is Lynchie in form?"

"I hope so."

"We need so."

And that was the end of my consultation with the Roar's great coach.

Here's a breakfast coffee cheers to a richly entertaining game tonight, with a Roar win. This one's for Justicia.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Neil said...

Looks like you got more of a response than some people. I have a friend in Brisbane, who saw Farina in the street and wished him all the best. All he got was a surly look.

January 13, 2008 8:57 am  
Blogger Cecilia said...

I missed this game but I think my dad wants me to marry McMaster. Judging by his performance last week, I may have to put my Vukovic stalking/wedding plans on hold. LOL.

January 14, 2008 12:45 pm  
Blogger john said...

Neil mate, he may not have heard your mate. Brisbane is a big city (1m people) but the Roar is a very approachable club, you can watch training, talk to players...

January 17, 2008 7:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home